George @ Berklee

Making the most of $40,000

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm a little bit country...

Hey everyone. Short update today. Just wanted to write that I'm really feeling country today. I went back to the awesome Berklee library and got this sweet book on country flatpicking (see photo). I'm working on playing a song called Whiskey Before Breakfast. It's all fast country style guitar so I think it'll be fun to learn and maybe play at open mic next time I'm in Calgary.

Also, in the country spirit of things, they served some really great comfort food in the cafeteria today. For lunch there was turkey meatloaf and dinner was fried chicken with mashed potatoes and corn. I smothered my chicken with Frank's Red Hot (it's actually on the tables at the cafeteria w00t!) and went back for seconds which really amused Eric since he's from South Carolina. This is definately a really country day so I think I'm going to practice my flatpicking for a bit and go to bed.

Tommorow's a busy day. Branford Marsalis is getting an honourary doctorate from the school and is going to play a free concert tommorow night! I'll let you know how it is. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home